SocketCAN: Matlab support
Yegor Yefremov
2014-05-16 10:14:45 UTC
Has anyone experience with Matlab and SocketCAN? So far I couldn't
find anything usable via Google.

Regards,
Yegor
Pavel Pisa
2014-05-19 14:06:15 UTC
Hello Yegor,

we have some experience there with Simulink on Linux
with fully preemptive-kernel there at CTU.

Mainly my colleague, Michal Sojka, and his students work
on Simulink embedded coded support. CAN blockset
for embedded Cortex-R4 system is expected to be finished
in next two or three months. This work is part
of our TMS570LS3137 Simulink support.

http://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/rpp-tms570/

When we have CAN support compliant to the common
Simulink CAN blocks rules implemented for this target
we expect to port that implementation to SocketCAN
and integrate it with our Linux Target for Simulink
Embedded Coder project

http://lintarget.sourceforge.net/

So that is our actual state of progress in this
area. We would be happy to find others with
interrest in similar projects.

Best wishes,

Pavel Pisa
Yegor Yefremov

Yegor Yefremov
2014-10-15 19:05:59 UTC
Hello Yegor and others,
I want to inform you that we have basic blocks working
with SocketCAN already and we have demonstrated our
setup to control and monitor small robotic arm over
CANopen PDO messages at Real Time Linux Workshop
at Dusseldorf last Sunday.
https://www.osadl.org/?id=2018
The minimalist information page can be found
at our ERT Linux site pages
http://lintarget.sourceforge.net/can_bus/index.html
The initial support is limited to three CAN
buses can0, can1 and can2 are mapped to CAN1,
CAN2 and CAN3 selector. We need to find a little
better generic way how to select bus list
and network interface names yet.
CAN receive and CAN transmit blocks can
be connected directly to some simple signal
types or Simulink predefined CAN_MESSAGE_TYPE together
with CAN Pack and CAN Unpack can be used.
The model has to include CAN setup block.
We expect to prepare more complete announcement when
we have time to polish the support a little more.
But I believe that even in this preliminary state
code can be usesfull and feedback is welcome.
Be warned, API and blocks parameters can be changed
before stable release.
Great news! Thanks!

Yegor
Pavel Pisa